Thursday, February 19, 2009

Do the Obama supporters have responsibilities?



You know I'm wondering about this.

In only a month we've seen that Obama is going to continue with the Imperial juggernaut unfettered by any pesky constituents who dreamt otherwise.

In only a month we've seen Obama will gladly hand over taxpayer dollar to the proven grand bandits of Wall St. and will do so in amounts that would leave even the Bush gang green with envy.

In only a month we've seen that the much rumored Changling has surrounded himself with a cesspool of reactionary troglodytes, the very same pariahs that have been swirling around DC for decades.

So I wonder, as we bear witness to the entire charade what are the responsibilities of those who approached their guy with nothing less than religious fervor.

Do these people not have any responsibility to hold their man's "feet to the fire?"

Do they not bear any responsibility for the criminal acts they have enabled with their tacit or vocal support for this guy?

So do they just get to walk away from the voting booth and now just lament that their guy has been "a disappointment so far" and not bear any responsibility for his policies, policies which many of us have described in detail long before they even became policies?

Is their any responsibility for every child who is bombed by US planes in Afghanistan?

Is their any responsibility for the Obama supported continuation of the corporate takeover of the world and for this unending financial disaster?

What about for wiretapping and rendition (both of which Obama supports)?

Are you willing to stand behind Obama as he commits crime after crime?

I need to know.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw this yesterday when I was checking blogs I had bookmarked: you are an excellent writer and I hope you keep it up! You might like to check out our group blog at http://cotocrew.wordpress.com I suspect many of our group would like your stuff too!

Claudia

redcatbiker said...

Hello.

Have you given up on this blog?

I like your writing, and used to read your blog posts whenever you posted a new piece. I subscribe to this blog in my reader. You haven't posted anything for many months.

My best wishes that all is well with you, and that you will return to writing and posting your writing soon.